2020 has seen some big changes for us all and while the planet has had a small bit of a breather, it is the time for all of us to do our bit to keep our planet healthy now, more than ever.
Well Grounded Gardens pledges a commitment to sustainability. We will implement this as much as we are able. This will include:
- Selecting locally sourced products
- Recycling materials
- Continuing to stop using plants that appear on any non-native invasive species lists
- More drought tolerant approaches to planting
- The use of more environmentally friendly products and reduction of non-recyclable products (including AstroTurf and imported hard woods)
- Recommendation of non-chemical methods of pest and weed control
Naturally we will still continue to design our gardens for our clients needs and would not force any agenda onto them but we will advocate for change, suggest alternatives and inform people of ways they can still have a beautiful space while being just that little more kind to the environment.